Monday, September 16, 2013

Yard Sale Finds

Boy, has this weekend has been crazy! I literally have been running around town ALL weekend. Don't worry...I've been quite blessed through the whole process.

Last weekend I really had the urge to go yard sale shopping, but I chose to sleep in instead. So when this Saturday rolled around, I was ready to go. I woke up at 6 a.m. and was at the first sale at a quarter till 7. (Sales usually don't start here until 7 a.m. and people are not so thrilled if you are an hour early!) I managed to hit 5 yard sales and was done for the day at about 8:30. 

I found a lot of cool stuff and I will show you pictures tomorrow. I am especially thrilled about the new vintage furniture that I have been drooling over for about three months now. Do you want a hint at what it might be? Think Louis XV style, but you will just have to come back tomorrow to see the actual pieces. 

Since I brought home a couple of new furniture pieces on Saturday, I need to make room in my house. Here are some of the pieces that I will be putting up for sale in the near future. 

 I have had this piece for about a month and I originally planned on reupholstering it, but I just do not have the time or the space. This lovely piece was originally constructed in 1960; it is a very sturdy chair in superb condition. 

Do you remember the chair that I showed you last week? Yes, the one that I made the slipcover for. Though it has been well loved, I will have to say "good bye" to it. I am not quite sure if I will make a new slip cover for it or sell it "as is". 

In addition to these pieces, I have two others that I am currently working on. 
The red rocker is waiting patiently for it's new look. 


See ya tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment