Monday, September 2, 2013

Fabric Blunder

Over the weekend I received the fabric that I ordered online. I have been waiting for this fabric to arrive for about two weeks. 


I wanted a light fabric that would keep with the simplicity of the piece am upholstering. My heart was set on a lighter colored linen. To me, it has an understated appearance. Since this particular fabric is on the heavier side, it will be ideal to use for upholstery. Because upholstery requires a heavier weight fabric, I made sure I was shopping in the "home decor" fabric. 
Like three times, just to be on the safe side. 


I did a keyword search for "linen" and I settled upon this lovely fabric. Isn't it so pretty. 


But, in my haste I made a very HUGE mistake. I did a keyword search for "linen", and the fabric had "linen" in it's name, but it is nowhere near being a linen in actual fiber content. 
It's 100% polyester. 

I did consider just keeping it. But in the end, I decided to send it back...even if this fabric is super cheap and sending it back would require further delay. 

If I keep this fabric and reupholster with it, but I do not LOVE the finished piece... it wouldn't be worth the time, money, and effort spent doing it. I know that keeping with my original fabric will help ensure that I'll LOVE the finished product. 

So, back to the fabric drawing board! 

No comments:

Post a Comment